Sunday 10 October 2010

Forever and ever and ever...

Goodness me, is that the time? I almost got lulled into the bliss of the weekend far too much to remember to post something, so, whilst I got Castlevania: Lords of Shadow on Saturday (expect more from that perhaps next week) and it's so far proving to be a lot harder than I'd given it credit for when I was selecting difficulty, one can only tremble in fear as they imagine what 'Paladin' difficulty must be like.

Anyway, before I jump to my main feature of this post, allow me to point out that, the tag at the bottom will correspond to all things related to my college work, and will probably be the only time I bother to add a tag, in fact. So to make sure said tag isn't wasted: I'm currently modelling a Browning M2 Heavy Machine Gun as part of my 3D modelling unit, I'll post a few pictures when I can, getting a wip would be difficult at this time.

Now, hopefully your attention hasn't wandered by the time it's taken you to get to this paragraph, so. Duke Nukem Forever. The Chinese Democracy of the gaming world, and like said album, it seems like it will actually come out... eventually. The lucky people who went to the gaming con Firstlook in Amsterdam got treated to the following gameplay.



So, what have we learned?

- People get damned annoyed if you shut off a game to stop them from watching someone urinate. They've waited twelve years to see that, damnit!
- Whiteboards will never be as fun again, not to mention it appears to be rather hard to draw a circle with a controller for Steve there.
- Phallus = Brilliant tactical plan.
- Don't send SWAT against robot monsters (when did this ever seem like a good idea?)
- Duke is a gamer?

That's all I really have for this post, other than that, Battlefield has gotten me into some 1960's music, listening to a good deal of CCR and Buffalo Springfield at the moment.

I'll be back in another twelve years!

1 comment:

  1. You don't seem to have posted with a tag. Also you just use the 'Design' thingy, and add a tags selector to your page. It's handy and stuff.

    Can't wait for Duke Nukem Forever!

    ReplyDelete