Wednesday 6 October 2010

Woah, stuff.

So, just created this and at the moment it's looking pretty ugly, far too clinical even for my tastes. Regardless, this  is, appropriately, where I dump anything I can't stick on a forum or that I want to save so I can tell some future employer that my time spent on the internet is constructive (honest!)

I guess I'll have to apologise now if I'm forcing this upon you through msn, gotta pretend someone cares, right? You still love me. Presumably.

Anyway, without further ado, lets stick on my journalism hat and talk about something that, if you're a friend of mine, I've probably been rubbing your face in for about a week now. Betcha loving it.

Well, on Friday, last Friday, that is, unless I'm secretly a time traveller and I'm screwing with you, I went to London, a city paved not so much with gold as with rain and styrofoam, to the mythical strongholds of Earl's Court, there within to nerdgasm over the wonders of Eurogamer 2010.

God, I didn't even know they did such things outside of the States, and probably Japan, shows what I know given that some of our first looks at Duke Nukem Forever come from Amsterdam. I'll try not to lose my train of thought here, as I talk about the various things I've played. Which you probably haven't. Hah!

I'll start off with Dragon Age 2, seeing as this was a surprise for me to see it, and probably the thing I waited longest to play. The ten or so minutes I played didn't do it justice though, it confirmed one thing for me though; it's going to be great. Whether it was hype, brilliance or giddy excitement about playing it, the game drew me instantly in, or at least far enough in to notice that the character customisation didn't seem to be working properly and the hack'n'slash combat was quite clunky, or that I can't stand the Mass Effect style dialogue wheel. All I know is that Hawke sounds great, the default character looks great, hacking through waves of Darkspawn feels great, especially given the way they've kept the special moves from Origins and made them into fancy flourishes and charges that leave unrealistic explosions of blood in your wake.

Which does, in fact, bring me to something, whilst perhaps poorly implemented, I had to love the way blood would coat your character in Origins (though how it managed to soak through your armour, through your clothes and onto your skin was beyond me) but this addition seems sadly missing from the sequel, whether it will be implemented at a later date, I'm not so sure, but it would be nice. I'll forgive Origins for making me watch Leliana, blood soaked and saying "The Maker told me to."

Oh, and they've ruined Flemeth.

More from Eurogamer later, probably, sometime in the future I may write my feelings up on one of the following.
Fallout: New Vegas
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
SOCOM and why I didn't play it.
Fable III
Why I'm great.
Kirby's Epic Yarn (though probably not, given the fact they had someone warning you not to take pictures, I get the feeling someone from Nintendo would break my legs)
Not to mention how I repeatedly humiliated myself in front of crowds of people.

I managed to play on the new Castlevania as well, though my thoughts of that will be reserved for when my pre-order arrives. They're looking positive right now though.

I'm oscar mike, stay frosty.

No comments:

Post a Comment